October 8, 2013 by Drinks at The Dal
Many fans have praised the selection of popular music used on Lost Girl, and in this episode Stephanie, Annie, and Kris talk about their favorite song moments on the show. We also asked on Twitter which song picks were listeners’ favorites, and we discuss some of those as well. It should be noted that there were many overlapping choices (and that Annie’s picks weren’t surprising).
- “Lost Girl Theme” — Apparently written for the series, as it has the word “Fae” in the lyrics. We love that the series has an original theme song.
- “Lose It” by Austra in “It’s Better to Burn Out Than Fae Away” (2.06) — Annie’s first Doccubus sex scene song choice. (Also mentioned by @SilkSite, @maverick_tom07, @smellycat1304, @Nathaniell717, @B3ncici, @Najoni_, @DarcyKant, & @Andreia90)
- “Around the Sun” by 8mm in “Subterrfaenean” (3.02) — Annie’s second Doccubus sex scene song choice. (Also mentioned by @SilkSite, @TeamLaurenLewis, @cnw008)
- “Orgotica” by Elii Geba in “Faes Wide Shut” (3.05) — Annie’s sexy Lauren song choice. (Also mentioned by @SilkSite)
- Annie really wants a score soundtrack for the show! And Kris would totally buy it, too!
- “I Know What I Am” by Band of Skulls in “It’s a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World” (1.01) — The song fits the scene of Bo packing up to run perfectly and is thematically relevant. (Also mentioned by @GiGirl13)
- “Close Watch” by Agnes Obel in “Truth and Consequences” (2.19) — Ow! My heart! (In a good way!) It’s perfect for a scene of Bo and Kenzi taking care of each other. (Also mentioned by @SilkSite)
- “Jailbait” by Stinkmitt in “Caged Fae” (3.01) — This song in this scene (Kenzi visiting Bo in Hecuba Prison) is ridiculous in just the right way, and Kris kind of loves it. (Also mentioned by @cnw008)
- “Youth Knows No Pain” by Lykke Li in “Subterrfaenean” (3.02) — Upbeat music, full of attitude, but with nihilistic lyrics, it’s appropriate for Tamsin’s introduction.
- “Sour Cherry” by The Kills in “Vexed” (1.08) — It’s matched to such a striking scene that Stephanie now associates it with Lost Girl, even though she’d been listening to The Kills for a long time (Hipster!). (Also mentioned by @SilkSite, @shaun_verma, @quixp2, @LostGirl_Oncer, @Najoni_, @ValentnaCas)
- “Boys Wanna Be Her” by Peaches in “Faetal Attraction” (1.04) — This song makes a great accompaniment to Bo embracing her succubus self — while Olivia and Samir are also embracing Bo’s succubus self. (Also mentioned by @SilkSite)
- “The Wanderer” by Dion in season three — Played in the world of the show several times, the context makes the song feel ominous. (Also mentioned by @smellycat1304)
- “Keep Me High” by Adaline in “Fae-de to Black” (3.04) — What a surprise: another Doccubus sex scene song! The lyrics are perfect for the scene, if you get our meaning. Stephanie also meant to mention that she thought the song was a great choice not only because it was sexy but because it set up the conflict between Bo and Lauren in that episode really well. Why she forgot to mention this point, we’ll never know. (WIIIINK!) (Also mentioned by @GiGirl13, @meshannen, @SilkSite, @HGWellsing)
@DrinksatTheDal Love how "Keep Me High" amps up the sensuality of that scene, and highlights the emotional depth of it.
— GiGirl13 (@GiGirl13) October 6, 2013
Other Popular Listener Picks
- “Madman” by Clara Klein in “Vexed” (1.08) — Maybe an unusual choice for a sex scene, but the lyrics reflect internal conflict and perhaps foreshadow what happens immediately after. (Mentioned by @SilkSite, @Najoni_, @DarcyKant)
- “Change My Needs” by Scars on 45 in “Delinquents” (3.10) — Lauren and Dyson bond over not having Bo anymore. Fans bond over this song. (Mentioned by @shaun_verma, @Tina_Sad, @MoonlightAntics)
- “Say Goodbye (I Won’t Even)” by Adaline in “Delinquents” (3.10) — An angsty song that now makes Doccubus shippers tear up. (It’s just a break!) (Mentioned by @meshannen, @TeamDoccubus, @AlondraZoie)
@DrinksatTheDal It's the choice of words that got me though. "jilted by forever, Wide-eyed beauty far gone." Like it had me at hello.Lol!
— Team Doccubus (@TeamDoccubus) October 6, 2013
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form
Category Podcast | Tags: Adventures in Fae-bysitting, Caged Fae, Delinquents, Fae-de to Black, Faes Wide Shut, Faetal Attraction, It's a Fae Fae Fae Fae World, It's Better to Burn Out Than Fae Away, SubterrFaenean, The Ceremony, Those Who Wander, Truth and Consequences, Vexed
We welcome relevant and respectful comments. You can read our comment policy for more details.