November 21, 2013 by Drinks at The Dal
Dyson teams up with a tracker to find Bo, who doesn’t seem to be on this plane anymore. While Kenzi babysits a tiny Tamsin, Hale tries to muster enough nerve to tell Kenzi how he feels about her. Lauren encounters a Fae while she’s in hiding, which helps her bond with her co-worker, Crystal. Read Emily Andras’ post-episode interview with TV Guide Canada.
Drink Special: Gingeronno
Because everyone freaked out about Lauren’s hair: she’s still a ginger, oh no!
1½ oz Amaretto Di Saronno
6 oz Ginger ale
Pour ingredients over ice.
- Kris: liked it, doesn’t mind a slow reveal (provided there is a reveal), most importantly — Bo!
- Annie: thought it was okay, there should have been more revealed and more humans, yay for Henzi/Kale!
- Stephanie: didn’t care for it, frustrated with lack of progression
- We all thought it was a bit disappointing after last week’s super fun episode.
Aife and Trick
- Wait! What happened with Aife and Trick??!?
- Blood was shed by both parties — what implications does that have?
- Theoretically, Aife could enslave Trick. Flashbacks in the future? Please?
- Stephanie: Cute, but too prominent in the story
- Annie: Some funny bits, but too much of a typical annoying blond kid
- Kris: Had she been in the foliage that whole time? Did Dyson leave those clothes at the crash site for her?
Kenzi the Babysitter
- We’re bothered that Dyson physically kept Kenzi from leaving the clubhouse.
- Kenzi prepping Bo’s room for her return was very sweet.
- Kenzi being sidelined this episode is kind of a letdown after her starring role in the last episode.
- The kleptomania has returned, but does it make sense that she’d steal/sell something needed to help get Bo back?
- She and Trick have gotten closer over the seasons — why is she stealing from him again? How will it affect their relationship?
Dyson’s A(?) Plot
- Obfuscation and misdirection. Stephanie is frustrated that so much of the plot ended up not mattering.
- Stephanie is really disappointed that Dyson didn’t have to kiss Eddie to wake him up. The episode is called “Sleeping Beauty School” after all.
- At least the sexist guy gets hit by a train.
- Mia Kirshner as Clio is growing on us. She’s shady and mysterious but fun and peppy at the same time!
- Clio’s cigarette behind the ear: Fae bluetooth?
- Dyson’s acting super macho the whole episode, but ends up potentially getting himself into more trouble.
- She’s awake and moving around and talking and everything!
- We want more! More Bo! (Kris will take whatever she can get, though.)
- The train car set is awesome.
- Stephanie doesn’t care for Bo’s silky white gown. It doesn’t seem like Bo to her. Kris points out that it’s reminiscent of one of the things she wore in The Dawning. It is appropriately otherworldly.
- Bo’s probably not in the oozing box from last episode.
The Una Mens
- Poor Paul Amos is lacking clothes and in a torture device.
- Creepy death masks for our beloved cast of (lady) characters (and Vex): NOOOO!!!
- Who is the “claimed human”? Assuming that Kenzi is the “human terrorist.”
- Stephanie is bothered that the first time we’ve seen an androgynous character is this seemingly evil character.
- What’s with the parasite/earwig/whatever that came from behind the Una Mens’ ear and went in Vex?
Lauren! And Crystal!
- Lauren is still Lauren, thank goodness!
- Ali Liebert!!!! Kris has warm fuzzy feelings about Ali Liebert. *Fangirl sound* Why the heck haven’t Stephanie and Annie watched Bomb Girls??
- Stephanie is glad that Lauren finally has a friend.
- Annie is paranoid that Crystal (or Cheryl or whoever) might be evil or touch Lauren.
- Annie is annoyed that Lauren called Dyson instead of Kenzi.
- Annie and Kris have different interpretations of Dyson’s speech about helping Bo.
- Annie thinks Dyson is an asshole for telling Lauren to stay away, though she does admit that she understands why he says that to her.
- He needs to tell Kenzi . . . but didn’t he already?
- Did Hale backtrack on his declaration in “Those Who Wander”? Or maybe they just haven’t talked about it?
- Kenzi loves Hale in purple. And so do we.
- We wish that scene could have happened without the influence of the perfume (but realize that it’s a supernatural TV show, which means that you have to throw that kind of thing in there for drama).
- They mentioned Bo having condoms in her room! Yay!
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form
Category Podcast | Tags: Bo, Clio, Crystal, Death Did Not Become Him, Dyson, Hale, Kenzi, Lauren, Season 4, Season 4 Episode, Sleeping Beauty School, Tamsin, The Una Mens, Those Who Wander, Trick, Vex
We welcome relevant and respectful comments. You can read our comment policy for more details.