We reveal some of our Lost Girl “favorites,” including our favorite recurring and guest characters, Big Bad, and favorite case that Bo took.
This episode is a compilation of several short episodes we produced as part of our 30 Days of Lost Girl series in which we answered a bunch of questions about Lost Girl. To see all of the questions in the meme as well as get links to our episodes in which we answer those questions, visit our 30 Days of Lost Girl guide.
SPOILER WARNING: Answers may contain spoilers for up through the end of Season 4.
Day 9: Favorite main character?
- Annie: Lauren — I’m very interested in finding out more about Lauren’s multiple backstories and how she’ll stand up against the Fae in Season 5.
- Stephanie: Bo — I love her, even when she messes up. And I love Anna Silk as Bo. I’m very invested in Bo’s journey.
- Kris: Bo — Rejector of binaries, lover of nerds and outcasts. While she’s not perfect, I think Bo is unusually kind and compassionate, which is something that we don’t often get to see in our action heroes.
Day 10: Favorite recurring character?
- Annie: The Morrigan — Never has a villian been so delicious, as Stephanie says! Emmanuelle Vaugier must have so much fun with that character! I’m so glad the role was expanded through the years.
- Stephanie: The Morrigan — I love how deliciously over-the-top Emmanuelle Vaugier plays that character, and I love how menacing and unpredictable she is.
- Kris: The Beast — Bo’s car totally counts, right?
Day 11: Favorite guest character?
- Stephanie: Mayer — I love Mayer as a Dark Fae character who is high up in the hierarchy but doesn’t seem like a bad guy. In fact, he seems rather compassionate. I would love to see him again.
- Kris: Crystal — I just like her, okay?! I like that they included another human who had gotten involved in the Fae world.
- Annie: Woods (or is it Bo?) in “Original Skin” — I find his over the top Southern drawl so amusing — a Dark Fae hick! Plus I didn’t even realize that was actor Michael Cram until a few viewings. I love him on Flashpoint.
Day 12: Favorite case Bo took?
- Stephanie: Removing Nadia’s curse in “Masks” — Even though it pained Bo to wake Nadia and send Lauren into her arms, she had to free Lauren from her servitude to the Fae. She just had to.
- Kris: Going undercover at the gym in “Raging Fae” — Bo very often takes cases because she identifies with them in some way (there’s a lot of reuniting mothers and daughters), but this episode flips the pattern.
- Annie: Investigating Dr. Everett’s disappearance in “Caged Fae” — Bo committing crimes in the human/Fae worlds to purposely land in Hecuba prison to investigate Dr. Everett’s disappearance. Working without her powers and being in a physically dangerous situation, all because Lauren asked her to.
Day 13: Favorite Big Bad?
- Annie: The Garuda — He was the big bad that made the gang come together at the end of Season 2.
- Kris: The Dawning — Hear me out! As odd (and strangely anticlimactic) as the Dawning was, there was a real sense of dread and apprehension about it. It’s all about facing what’s in your own head and the fear of what you could become. SYMBOLISM!
- Stephanie: Aife — I especially love that she has popped up again and become not quite a Big Bad, but it was always possible to sympathize with her, which I appreciate.
Day 14: A scene/moment that made you angry?
- Stephanie: When Massimo killed Hale in “End of a Line” — I still am upset with the show’s choice to kill off Hale, and I was made even angrier by the fact that he was killed by a brat like Massimo.
- Annie: Bo using her “destiny” as an excuse for her actions when Rainer came into the picture — I get that the writers might have been trying to make Bo an anti-hero, or to bring a new player on scene, but it just didn’t work in any way, shape or form.
- Kris: Harvey filming Bo and Acacia fighting in “End of a Line” — Why doesn’t he get his ass handed to him? Also — revenants. Why did it have to be zombies? (I hate zombies.)
Day 15: A scene/moment that gave you a happy?
- Stephanie: Kenzi speed dating in “The Mourning After” — Whether she is quoting Ludacris or planning to send chicken home to mama, Kenzi puts a huge smile on my face in this sequence.
- Annie: When Bo said “It’s time” in “Caged Fae” and Lauren kissed her — I clapped and literally squealed. Since I was very new to Lost Girl/Doccubus, it was gratifying to see that moment on screen.
- Kris: Bo very dramatically asks Kenzi if she likes milkshakes in “It’s a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World” — That was the moment where I was pretty sure I was going to love this show. It’s also the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that that smash-cuts to a shot of Bo very cutely slurping the last of her milkshake through a straw.
Day 16: A scene/moment that made you cry?
- Kris: Bo walks to Kenzi’s gravestone with that heartbreaking song playing in “Dark Horse” — It’s designed to make the audience cry, and it worked on me. Well played, Andras.
- Stephanie: Bo comforting Kenzi in “Truth and Consequences” — Kenzi made a tough decision to let Nate go to protect him. Bo really needed comfort too because she just killed Nadia, but she comforts her best friend instead.
- Annie: The break scene in “Delinquents” — Do I really need to elaborate? Doesn’t everyone cry at that?!
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form