Day 31: Our Favorite Drinks at The Dal Episode? — 30 Days of Lost Girl

August 31, 2014 by Drinks at The Dal

This episode is part of our 30 Days of Lost Girl series in which we answer a bunch of questions about Lost Girl. Because there’s 31 days in August, we thought we would do a 31st episode that’s unique to us. To see all of the questions in the meme as well as get links to our episodes in which we answer those questions, visit our 30 Days of Lost Girl guide.

30 Days of Lost Girl 2014 Day 31

Our Favorite Drinks at The Dal episode is…?

• Stephanie: Episode 9, Lost Girl Couple Names — I had so much fun recording that episode. Though we had been drinking, I think we were more punchy than drunk, and things became silly very quickly. I think that was when I thought it would be a good idea to add Kris as a host because the three of us had such a good time.
  • Annie: Agreed. Episode 9 came up right away in my mind. I loved that we all could laugh and be so relentlessly silly. Twas the beginning of a friendship and much more silliness to come! I’m glad the listeners still like to hear our brand of crazy every week! Plus because of that episode, I had an excuse to wear a bolo tie, just to make Stephanie uncomfortable!
  • Kris: Episode 9, with our interview with Emily Andras as a close runner-up — I had so much fun recording both of those. I laughed until I cried, and then I cry-laughed until my nose started running. And that’s more than you wanted to know. And getting to talk about one of your favorite shows with somebody who’d worked on it since the beginning isn’t something you normally get to do. So, thank you, Stephanie and Annie for letting me join the team!

Thank you for listening and participating and making Drinks at The Dal so darn fun!

1. jb says:

I have this sd card full of your eps but my fave will have to be EA’s interview. Thats when I mightve started following Sally whom I am a fan of XD
    runners up are Lauren-centric eps esp one w Kedrie
    Half-pint would be the Crystal ep

🙂

2. I love Ep 9, too. Also, I love how much I learned about the thinking behind the show in the Sexuality eps 4 and 5. And I am a huge fan of all the outtakes.

I have a question for you: What’s your favorite drink from DATD?

Probably the Chi Suck, even though it makes me a little loopy. And the Crystal Virgin because it still makes me laugh. Also, it’s pretty good!

The ones I drink the most are Lover’s Kiss (from the Ciara & Nadia episode) and Dark ‘n’ Stormy (from the “Turn to Stone” episode).

3. Episode #20 – Tamsin: The Maltese Valkyrie

Lauren Episode (I believe was 10) and Emily Andras episode

5. Laura says:

Hey dals (get it? Dolls?) I don’t have a concrete favorite DATD episode to post, but I did want to take a moment to say that I’ve enjoyed all of them over this last year(+). Thank you all for putting this out there. I save up these eps and listen while on long work related road trips. You guys keep me entertained and awake and by this point you’re as much a part of my enjoyment of the show as are Bo and company. Thank you!

Somehow only just noticed this episode in my itunes list, so this is a bit late but just wanted to say thanks for the great podcast.
    The first episode that I listened to was your Lauren episode. Being a massive nerd I love reading/listening to other peoples takes on the shows I watch, so after watching the first 3 seasons I hit the internet in search of Lost Girl reviews. The first group of sites I found were not particularly fond of Lauren and there were a lot of mean spirited comments directed towards that character (and others). Which is fine but it’s not the kind of thing I want to read, especially given that Lauren is my favourite character. So I was very happy to eventually stumble upon this podcast. I listened to the Lauren episode, loved it and ended up listening to every epsiode before and after that one. I’ve really enjoyed hearing all of your takes on the show, not only are you guys very well informed, you’re incredibly welcoming of the entire fandom. I never get the sense of you playing ‘favourites’ in terms of characters or ‘ships’…even Annie who clearly has favourites is never disrespectful of other ‘ships’ and that’s very refreshing.

Thanks, Jessalyn!

I think all three of us had that experience, which is partly why we want to keep things more positive — in addition to genuinely liking most, if not all, of the characters. I’ve always appreciated Annie’s attitude about shipping, too. Not to speak for the others, but I think we all really believe that fandom should be fun and meaningful.