October 3, 2014 by Drinks at The Dal
What if they did make a Lost Girl movie after Season 5? What would it be about? We speculate on what a Lost Girl movie could look like, including what type of story it might tell and what we’d be interested in seeing a movie explore.
Possible Types of Stories
- Focused on a few characters vs. the whole group
- Client-Driven (“Fae of the week”): Someone outside of the main group comes to Bo with a Fae-related problem, and that problem fuels the plot.
- Show Mythology-Focused: Tackles an aspect that’s key to the show’s mythology, such as the Great Fae War
- Character-Focused: Something/someone from a character’s past/life (Dyson, Trick, and Tamsin are the most likely candidates but any of their pasts would work) returns & it leads to interpersonal conflict
- Bo: Someone/something is threatening to take over Bo (continuing theme of Dark Bo/is she a monster?)
- Lauren: Interpol catches up with her which also puts the Fae at risk of being exposed to humans on a wide scale
- The end of the Light and Dark divide (if that isn’t addressed in Season 5)
- Relationship between Fae and humans (the humans/the world at large finding out about the Fae and what conflicts that creates for our characters)
- Evony, unable to become Fae again, decides “if you can’t join ‘em, beat ‘em,” and leads the humans in a revolt against the Fae.
- Aaron: “As far as movies go, I’d like to see a prequel film about Trick, Isabeau, and Aife; even though we know how it’s going to end in the sense we know what happened to the characters, I’d still like to see their lives pre-their introduction on the series because I think there could be some interesting stories there. We’d get to see the Great Fae War and what Trick and Aife were like when Isabeau was alive, we’d get to learn more on her which is interesting alone; I’d just really like to see Rick, Allison, and Inga doing that project.”
- The Uber Fan: “So for a movie, how about we go with the format where that new normal is interrupted by crises. Drama, humor, and angst ensue & “team Bo” is forced out of their routine to tackle it?”
- Kodi: “The main plot would be around Lauren’s ability to turn Fae human, bad people find out, grab Lauren, Bo needs to save her & stop the bad people.”
- Maverick: “The Humans uncovering the Fae & some greedy people wanting to use their powers to rule mankind. Bo & group play saviours.”
- Pixel51: “The story of Aife and Bo’s father, whomever he might be, and how and why Bo ended up with her [adoptive] parents.”
Possible Writer & Director
- Annie would like for Michelle Lovretta and Emily Andras to co-write it, which Kris can get behind. Stephanie would love Michelle, first and foremost, but she also likes Emily’s writing as well as Jeremy Boxen and Michael Grassi.
- We’d all love John Fawcett to direct. Kris also thinks Steve DiMarco would be a good choice because he is a regular director of the show. Stephanie also likes Gail Harvey’s work.
- A movie would also be a good time to bring back some beloved guest stars, such as Bruce, Cassie the Oracle, Val, and, of course, Kris’s pick, Crystal. (LIEEEEBS!)
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form
We welcome relevant and respectful comments. You can read our comment policy for more details.