November 6, 2014 by Drinks at The Dal
Was Rainer really The Wanderer? Or is there another party we haven’t seen yet? Many questions remain about The Wanderer storyline that weaves throughout Seasons 3 and 4. We try to puzzle out some of the inconsistencies and possibilities surrounding The Wanderer, Rainer, and Pyrippus with guest contributor The Uber Fan.
- The Wanderer cut off Acacia’s hand because Tamsin didn’t do as he asked.
- Tamsin feared The Wanderer, called him evil
- Tamsin sees Rainer’s picture and says that isn’t the man who hired her
- Lauren finds an entry about Rainer in a book that describes him as a beast.
- The Handmaiden seems afraid of him in “Sleeping Beauty School,” says that she can’t say who “he” is
- Flashbacks in “Of All the Gin Joints” suggest that Bo was being coerced? into something she didn’t want to do. Maybe marriage? We see her with a crown that she pushes away, and she sees the handprint on her in the mirror she says that she “can’t do this.”
- Flashbacks in “Waves” are very different
What about the Odin references?
- The Wanderer, ”he who wanders”
- Hugin & Munin (Hugin describes him as “he who wanders” and “father of many”)
- Tamsin and Acacia being Valkyries
Theories about The Wanderer
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form
We welcome relevant and respectful comments. You can read our comment policy for more details.