We share our first impressions and what made us happy in “44 Minutes to Save the World,” including Tamsin casting doubt, Bo being Bo, and Doccubus being together.
- Annie: I loved it!!! SO MUCH DOCCUBUS GOODNESS!!! I’m glad they moved the story forward a bit more with the Ancients and Hades, since there’s so many new characters this season – the story needs to be written a bit tighter to wrap things up. Will Zee and Hera still be around? Where is the story with Bo’s father going? Who is telling the truth about Aife?
- Kris: It was okay. I’m glad the story with Hades progressed as much as it did. I’m a bit perplexed about where they’re going with this Greek gods angle, but I guess we’ll see. I’m hesitant about some of the plot developments in the episode/season, but there are ways the writers can handle them that would be interesting to me.
- Stephanie: This episode was okay. I thought there were some good scenes here and there, and Bo and Lauren were cute, especially at the end. But I thought it lacked urgency given the world was supposedly ending, and I continue to be confused and underwhelmed by the overly complicated storyline they’re going for with Bo’s father.
What Made Annie Happy
- Lauren and Dyson in the first lab scene — love the bromance!
- Lauren in the lab coat, Lauren trying to take care of Bo’s hand even if she can’t touch her, Lauren reassuring Bo about all the people she’s saved, Lauren, Lauren, Lauren!!!
- DOCCUBUS BACK TOGETHER!!! Holding hands!
- The last shot of Lauren sucking chi — holy fishsticks!!!
What Made Kris Happy
- “Guys, I’m kinda over this. And my hands hurt.”
- Alicia didn’t die! There was a moment there that I was sure she would. Thanks for not going there, show!
- Bo bein’ Bo. I’ve missed her and didn’t realize how much until now.
- “So I guess that means no ‘talk to the hand’ jokes?”
What Made Stephanie Happy
- Amanda Walsh! continues to be quite the presence on the show. “You know, I’ve never met a high cheekbone I didn’t like, but I gotta say that is not a great look on you.”
- Tamsin calling Lauren “Lewis”
- Tamsin causing Hera and then Zee to doubt, even though she couldn’t use Valkyrie face on them
- Dyson comforting Alicia
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form