We share our first impressions and what made us happy in “Like Father, Like Daughter.” Our in depth discussion of the episode will be available this weekend.
- Annie: This was an okay episode. I really thought this episode would pick up immediately after 5×09 ended and was disappointed when it didn’t. Although there were scenes I enjoyed, overall I feel the story was completely fragmented between too many characters and subplots. Lauren’s powers, Kenzi returning, Hale’s grandfather, Persephone, Mark, Alicia, Hades, the gang trying to get rid of Zee and on and on! And why does Kenzi have to leave again? AND WHY WAS THERE NO DOCCUBUS SHOWER SEX??! Or any Doccubus sex for that matter! In bed, on the counter, in the lab – I’ll take it any way we get it!
- Stephanie: This episode felt like ten pounds of story in a two pound bag. All these little threads needed way more room to breathe. But it was great to have Kenzi back, if just for an episode, and great to see her and Bo teaming up again. And, yeah, it’s weird that Bo and Lauren have been back together for two episodes, and yet they haven’t even kissed.
What Made Annie Happy
- Lauren discovering more about her powers with Vex and using them in the confrontation with Zee
- Kenzi undercover as a guide in the museum — I had to rewind several times, I was laughing so hard at Kenzi’s “analysis” of the painting! How I’ve missed Kenzi!
- Bo being concerned for Lauren, even if Lauren wants her powers — I <3 protective Bo!
- The scene with Bo and the curator, Suri Middleton, played by Oluniké Adeliyi
What Made Stephanie Happy
- Bo being concerned about Lauren’s abilities — Bo is me!
- Bo and Dyson on stakeout, talking with each other, being friends (Yay for friends!)
- Trick being uncomfortable with thinly veiled references to Bo’s stuff
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form