September 23, 2015 by Drinks at The Dal
We share our first impressions and what made us happy in “Sweet Valkyrie High,” including smoochies, cinematography, and Linda Hamilton. Our in depth discussion of the episode will be available this weekend.
- Kris: I enjoyed it! It’s a little ridiculous (in ways that make me happy), and there are some great moments between characters. Plus, I think this is the best use of Acacia so far.
- Stephanie: I really enjoyed this episode. Like Kris, I love how Acacia was used here, and I thought that the subplot with The Morrigan was really terrific.
- Annie: I thought it was good. It was cute seeing Rachel in Valkyrie High but some of the flashbacks were a little slow for me. Loved the Doccubus stuff and seeing a vulnerable Evony. And it was great to see Acacia back – always love the interaction between her and Tamsin.
What Made Annie Happy
- Doccubus kisses!!! Doccubus snogging on the couch! Lauren sucking Bo’s chi! Bo playing with Lauren’s hair! (But where’s my Doccubus sex?!?!?)
- Stacey working at the burrito place – LMAO!!
- Tamsin at first saying she’s going to lead Hades army but then saying that if Hades if going to go after her friends, he’ll have to go through her
What Made Kris Happy
- Bo and Tamsin making up and apologizing!
- Bo comforting Evony
- The last scene between Tamsin and Acacia — I thought Rachel Skarsten and Linda Hamilton were great.
What Made Stephanie Happy
- Cinematography — There were several shots that made me think, “Ooh! Pretty!” while watching this episode.
- Linda Hamilton finally got something of a fight scene!
- The exchange between Lauren and The Morrigan when she demands why Lauren didn’t turn her back when she had the chance
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form
We welcome relevant and respectful comments. You can read our comment policy for more details.