We share our first impressions and what made us happy in “Follow the Yellow Trick Road,” including comedic acting, will reading, and sidekick returning.
- Annie: This was an okay episode. I liked the scenes of the gang at the clubhouse trying to cure Bo more than the Wizard of Oz-esque sequence. But it was fun seeing the actors be different characters, and the different makeup effects. I’m not sure if this was the right place for a high concept, out-of-the-box type ep with only three left to go in the series.
- Kris: I’m kind of ambivalent about this episode. I’m all for fantasy/dream episodes that reveal things to the characters, but most of the character reveals were things we already knew. I did notice that I became way more forgiving of everything as soon as Kenzi showed up.
What Made Annie Happy
- Zoie Palmer as Lola — totally channeling Patsy Sewer from Instant Star!
- Concerned, doctor-y Lauren trying to find a cure for Bo, the scene where Lauren was frustrated she couldn’t do anything to help the woman she loves!
- The reading of Trick’s will — the faemily is back together! Made me cry!
What Made Kris Happy
- Comedy! I always appreciate when the show provides an opportunity for the cast to show off their comedic skills.
- KENZI. She’s back! She better stay this time! (Kenzi makes everything better.)
- The will reading scene. And the hand holding. That kind of thing always gets to me.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form