October 13, 2015 by Drinks at The Dal
We share our first impressions and what made us happy in “Follow the Yellow Trick Road,” including comedic acting, will reading, and sidekick returning.
- Annie: This was an okay episode. I liked the scenes of the gang at the clubhouse trying to cure Bo more than the Wizard of Oz-esque sequence. But it was fun seeing the actors be different characters, and the different makeup effects. I’m not sure if this was the right place for a high concept, out-of-the-box type ep with only three left to go in the series.
- Kris: I’m kind of ambivalent about this episode. I’m all for fantasy/dream episodes that reveal things to the characters, but most of the character reveals were things we already knew. I did notice that I became way more forgiving of everything as soon as Kenzi showed up.
What Made Annie Happy
- Zoie Palmer as Lola — totally channeling Patsy Sewer from Instant Star!
- Concerned, doctor-y Lauren trying to find a cure for Bo, the scene where Lauren was frustrated she couldn’t do anything to help the woman she loves!
- The reading of Trick’s will — the faemily is back together! Made me cry!
What Made Kris Happy
- Comedy! I always appreciate when the show provides an opportunity for the cast to show off their comedic skills.
- KENZI. She’s back! She better stay this time! (Kenzi makes everything better.)
- The will reading scene. And the hand holding. That kind of thing always gets to me.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form
We welcome relevant and respectful comments. You can read our comment policy for more details.