We share our first impressions and what made us happy in “Rise,” including the return of an old (huge) friend and happy endings for a couple of couples. Join us this weekend for a live stream of our in depth discussion of this episode.
- Annie: I thought this was a great, emotionally satisfying finale! There was tears, yelling at my screen, happy touchdown arms, expected tragedies, unexpected things, great acting, etc. Although there were things I would have liked to have seen/could have been expanded upon more, overall I really enjoyed it!
- Kris: I’m having mixed feelings about this episode. It went about how I thought it would, which is both good and bad. I’m really glad that Bo got to save herself and the world and change the rules for their colony. That ending feels about right to me.
- Stephanie: I was disappointed in many of the story elements, which was not surprising to me. However, there were elements that I did like and appreciate, and it ultimately was a very sweet finale.
What Made Annie Happy
- DOCCUBUS AS ENDGAME!!! THE FINALE DOCCUBUS KISS!!! EVERYBODY STRIP! AND THEN DOCCUBUS SEX! AND DRINK SOME SPORTS ENERGY DRINKS! AND REPEAT!
- Benzi love!!! Kenzi talking Bo down! Kenzi is Bo’s heart! The last scene between Bo and Kenzi made me cry – it was a little encapsulation of their friendship and love.
- The dynamic between Hades and Bo, especially when Hades was tempting Bo to feed. I thought Anna and Eric Roberts work so well together and I really enjoyed seeing the final father/daughter conflict play out.
What Made Kris Happy
- Bo’s love saves the world.
- Bo and Kenzi moments.
- Tamsin saving the group without even breaking a sweat. “I know you guys didn’t like me on the force, but this is a little extreme.”
What Stephanie Happy
- Mark offering Vex his hand
- One last shirtless Dyson for the road
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form