May 2, 2016 by Drinks at The Dal
We share feedback from listeners about the final season of Lost Girl as well as their feelings about the series coming to an end. We share favorite quotes, theories about Hades’s plans, thoughts about showrunner changes, and we make quite a few inappropriate puns.
Day 1: Moment that made you happy
- Pixel51: “Either Ksenia Solo’s dance of the moth woman or Zoie Palmer as Stoner Lola” (“Follow the Yellow Trick Road”)
- Mardeth and Hoi Yan Theresa Law: “Oh boy, yes.” (“End of Faes”)
- Kevin Bachelder: “’Like Hell, Part 1′ – 16:17 into the episode………Kenzi is back baby!!!!!!”
- Wendy: “The Tamsin Birthday Lexus Bow moment” (It’s Your Lucky Fae”)
Day 2: Favorite Kenzi
- Denise: Dream NotKenzi kissing Bo (“Follow the Yellow Trick Road”)
- Meredith: “I agree with Annie. (The museum guide) was classic Kenzi.”
Day 3: Character you wanted to see more of
- A lot of people also mentioned Evony (Leslie, Pixel51, Denise, Lee, Arlene).
- Meredith wants more Dyson.
- Lee wants more Lauren.
- Niina: “How long do you think Lauren has been planning or doing research about turning human to Fae? Since 4.06 (she toasts “to it beginning”) or perhaps even 3.03 (she is doing tests about human and Fae blood)?”
Day 4: A moment that made you laugh
- Pixel51: “Stacey (Kate Corbett) quitting her job at By-You Burrito in ‘Sweet Valkyrie High.'”
- Denise: “Without a doubt all of ‘It’s Your Lucky Fae.’” Hoi Yan Theresa Law agrees.
Day 5: Favorite Battle Scene
- Wendy liked Stacy and Tamsin’s doubt off.
- Denise liked the Bo and Zee showdown in “Clear Eyes, Fae Hearts.”
Thoughts about Hades’s Plan B
- Rohan the Thunder Duck: “While I did not like the ‘baby’ aspect of season 5, I do think that Jack had a plan ‘B’ the whole time. He guided Lauren into becoming Fae so he could use her for that plan. Her breakup with Bo and turning back human saved her womb! Jack then went onto the second part of plan b that rhymes with t and that stands for Tamsin. Just an idea though.”
- Little Bad Wolf: “How was Tamsin’s baby plan B? Hades needed a succubus possessed (?) by the Pyrippus in order to suck the chi out of everyone so Hades could fill them with his will. So how does a baby with a Valkyrie fulfill that? Some have said Dagny was a succubus but I don’t understand how that would happen given how they’ve discussed Fae genetics. Even if Dagny was a succubus, the Pyrippus seems to allow the multi-chi suck so is there more than one Pyrippus? So. Confused. How did Dagny get the glowy handprint since Hades never touched her? We never saw Bo’s handprint until she was on the train of damned souls.”
- Wendy: “I think only HADES children got the hand print, and Rainer not only had that BUT he had the power to see the future – which Bo and Dagne have but Dad had it big time. Something else to wonder about that will be lost to the ages….I also get the feeling Aife and Rainer were a brief item before she was sent to the Dark dungeons.”
Day 6: Favorite Set/Location
- Little Bad Wolf: “I loved the penthouse, it was a great, open space and they used it effectively. The idea of Valhalla as a hotel was pretty cool, and the area by the stairs was fabulous. Was also impressed by the outdoor storm aftermath scene given the show’s budget (though that entire episode needed more light…a consistent complaint with some episodes of the show). Vex’s RV was totally cool. Wish we could have had a glimpse of Lauren’s new digs but the clinic made more sense (though why would you keep Jack there???).”
- Wendy: “I loved Evony’s home, where she had her fund raiser! I thought the penthouse was very cool – I loved the whole concept and execution of ‘Follow The Yellow Trick Road’ (Specifically all the empty city scenes with Bo and Thomasina).”
- Denise: Dal Riata
“Judgement Fae” Episode Feedback
- Brianna: “re: the Jackson Pollock painting and that amusing comment about it being offensive, Jackson Pollock has kinda become synonymous with ejaculation. For example, I just happened to watch an ep of Brooklyn Nine Nine tonight where someone was describing DNA not found at the scene: ‘…no semen, and a rental van’s usually a frickin’ Jackson Pollock.’ Also, a choice Starlord quote from Guardians of the Galaxy: ‘If I had a blacklight, this would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.’ Welp.”
Day 7: Favorite Outfits
- Wendy: “Something about women in pencil skirts – Bo and Tamsin in Judgement Fae or Linda Hamilton in Sweet Valkyrie High, and Mistress Freya – in Like Hell or in the black dress from Sweet Valkyrie High.”
- Denise liked Zee’s red dress.
Day 8: Favorite Quotes
- Pixel51: Trick (to Stacey): “You have a french fry in your hair.” (“Sweet Valkyrie High”)
Thomasina (to herself): “I’m gonna die in the woods with a girl wearing gingham.” (“Follow The Yellow Trick Road”)
- Meredith: I want to start my class (I teach high school) one day by looking at my students and saying, “What’s up, Motherfaers.” (“Rise”)
Runner-up: “You’ve really got the wrong girl.” (Lauren to the naked football player in “Clear Eyes, Fae Hearts”)
- Wendy: “Why, in the name of my Glorious After Life are you fingering my flower?” (Freya to Bo in “Like Hell, Part 2”)
Day 9: Favorite Character Conclusion
- Little Bad Wolf: “I would say Vex. S5 we saw the fulfillment of his redemption arc and the bar scene implies he still has the guy. And he was willing to die rather than betray his “family” and join Hades.”
- Meredith: “No, the ending wasn’t perfect but it was, for the most part, satisfying. While there were many unanswered questions about exactly where characters ended up, I interpret the ending as these characters’ lives, and struggles continue. The most satisfying character ending was Bo’s. By the end, she’s living life on her own terms. In the first episode she proclaims, “I choose humans” and that’s, in part, what she did. She chose Kenzi, she chose Lauren.”
Day 10: Favorite Sexytimes
- Pixel51: “Not much to choose from in Season 5. The scene with Persephone in ‘Like Hell, Part 2’ would be my choice. The Bo and Lauren shower scene in ‘Judgment Fae’ was pretty good too.”
- Denise (NVGhost) says that “It’s Your Lucky Fae” opened her eyes to the POV of the Valkubus fans!
- Cold Funk by Kevin MacLeod (CC BY 3.0)
- Bicycle by Kevin MacLeod (CC BY 3.0)
- Cool Rock by Kevin MacLeod (CC BY 3.0)
- Unfriendly Me by Martijn de Boer (NiGiD) Ft: Admiral Bob (CC BY-NC 3.0)
- Covert Affair by Kevin MacLeod (CC BY 3.0)
- Breakdown by Kevin MacLeod (CC BY 3.0)
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes [Read our Comment Policy]
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form
Category Podcast | Tags: Bo, Clear Eyes Fae Hearts, Dyson, End of Faes, Follow the Yellow Trick Road, It's Your Lucky Fae, Judgement Fae, Kenzi, Lauren, Like Father Like Daughter, Like Hell Part 1, Like Hell Part 2, Rise, Season 5, Sweet Valkyrie High, Tamsin, Trick, Vex
We welcome relevant and respectful comments. You can read our comment policy for more details.